Replacing exterior siding is a sound investment because it’s one with a typically significant return on that investment. How do you know the time has come to replace what you have? Here’s a simple checklist to help you evaluate your structure’s exterior.
- Are lap boards or panels faded, worn, cracked, chipping, bubbling, or missing pieces?
- Are panels loose or warped?
- Is mold, mildew, fungus, rust, rot, or insect damage present?
- Has the cladding been painted repeatedly, or does it require frequent painting? Are you experiencing signs of moisture inside like peeling paint, for example, or watermarks?
- Are your heating and cooling bills higher than they should be?
- Are you considering selling your home within the next two years?
- If you’re remodeling and expanding, will the current building facade stand up to the fresh new look of the addition?
- If your facade is a material other than siding, is it crumbling, cracking, rotting, or otherwise compromised and unable to protect your home or business from the elements?
Sometimes, a structure’s exterior may simply be outdated or just the wrong style or color for modern tastes. Remodeling with an upgrade of quality siding and trim may offer the perfect update to a home or business.
Learn more about your options and contact us for a free estimate.